NOTE: If you haven't generated cards for the Project yet and just need to upload a new version of your CSV, follow the CSV Reset instructions here.
If you've already generated cards either by printing or opening them in Snapizzi Paperless. The Reset option is not available.
Here's how to do it:
- Download a Subject List (don't expand filenames). This CSV is what you MUST edit and upload back to your Project. Do not use your original CSV that you set the Project up with.
2. Add/edit your columns but don't edit any of the columns added by Snapizzi.
3. Re-import your updated CSV (example below shows adding a password column). You don't need to add a second Password column if your Subject List already has one. Just replace the passwrods with the new values.
- Ensure your header columns match what you're pasting.
- Subject data submitted with a code issued to the current job will overwrite the existing data.
- Subject data submitted without a code will create a new code for them. This means that if you're adding Subjects to the CSV, just paste them after the last Subject listed. Codes will be created for them when you upload the CSV.
If you only have a small number of Subjects to add, you can just use the Add Existing tool or Add New tool rather than going through this edit process. Here's how to edit Subject data in the Inspector.
That's it! Your Project will automatically update with your changes.
PASSWORD, SEARCH, AND GALLERY NAME
Below is a description of how Passwords, Search and Gallery Naming function and how they can be controlled using your CSV. These fields possess specific information that helps the photographer create a Project that works best for them and their customers. The entire article can be found here.
If you'd like to require customers to enter a password to view their photos, you must include a column labeled "Password" in your CSV file as well as enable passwording in the Privacy Settings. You can define the passwords however you wish, but if no values are in the password column, Snapizzi will create passwords for you. We recommend that you don't use the letter O or number 0 unless the context is clear for your customers. For example, if using last name, they know it would be the letter O. Or if using numbers, they know it would be a zero.
SEARCH vs. TARGET SEARCH
The default search behavior for your Studio Search Page is by Name, ID, or Snapizzi 9-digit code.
DO NOT include a "Search" header in your CSV unless you wish to change this behavior.
If you supply "Search" values in your CSV file, all other fields are excluded from search. That means customers can only find photos using the defined search value in the "Search" column, so be certain this is what you want to do. It can't be undone.
If you upload a CSV with a "Search" header — but no values — the photos will not be able to be found. Since you set up the Project with a targeted search, you'll need to edit your CSV to correct this problem by adding values (first and/or last name, etc) to the "Search" column. If you haven't shot the Project yet, you can simply create a new Project and import the correctly formatted CSV.
This is what is displayed on the remote gallery for your customer when they see their photos. The default gallery name for each Subject is the 9-digit code from their camera card. To change it, include a "Gallery" column and add the Subject names.
Tip 1: To combine data from two separate columns into one, click here. This is useful for combining first and last name fields in order to use the Subject's full name for the remote gallery name.
Tip 2: If you have data in one column and would like to create separate columns for each, click here. This is useful if you have a full name field and would like to create a first and a last name column.
When resetting, you do not need to download and use the Subject List as described above. Just reset and upload the updated original CSV.
- This deletes all Subject and Group data and headers.
- CSV Reset is not available after camera cards are issued.
- Group fields will be ignored for any re-imports.