Snapizzi Data projects are used when you have data to connect to your images.
Data projects are used for:
Youth sports team and individual photography
High-volume commercial photography (All product data is connected to images)
Any other use case where you'd need to connect subject/product data to images
Data projects generate uniquely coded camera cards that link to the uploaded data for each subject as shown below. A group code is also generated and is to be photographed in the same manner as the individual subject codes before taking each group photo. Snapizzi will also automatically place the correct group photo(s) in each subject's gallery.
Snapizzi provides you with three ways for customers to find and order their photos:
Read this article if you'll be using image editing software that may change image file EXIF data.
**Snapizzi does not store, alter, or edit your image files or EXIF data in any way. Snapizzi sits between you and your platform. Uploaded images pass through Snapizzi and end up in your host platform account.
Here are the Data project steps:
Here's how to do it.
1. PROJECT TYPE: Click the "New Project" button on your Dashboard and select "Data" for the Project Type.
2. PROJECT NAME: Name your new project.
3. PHOTO SERVICE: Select the hosting platform to use for the project (this option will only appear if you have more than one platform linked to your Snapizzi account). Snapizzi has partnered with these industry-leading platforms: ShootProof, PhotoDeck, PhotoShelter, and Libris.
4. SUBJECT PRIVACY: Select privacy settings for subject galleries. ShootProof users click here for a one-time extra step needed. These options can be changed at any time.
5. PHOTO INDEXING: The indexing method is what Snapizzi uses to determine the proper sequence of your image files when processing. Time taken typically provides the best results and should be your first choice. Read this if your workflow may alter your image file EXIF data.
Name, privacy, and indexing can be changed at any time. Even after the photos have been uploaded and processed. The project type can be changed as long as no photos have been uploaded.
There isn't any reason to rename files before uploading to Snapizzi, but if your workflow includes renaming before uploading, be sure that your filenames include leading zeros equal to the highest number in the sequence (e.g., 0001-9999 rather than 1-9999). Your project will not index properly otherwise.
Snapizzi can export renamed versions of your image files for you if needed.
6. NEXT STEP: Upload your CSV file.
Snapizzi includes a robust set of tools and features that take the "work" out of your high-volume workflow.
Get Bundle (export for school service items, rename image files, etc.)
Get Subject List (export project data with gallery URLs)
CSV Files (automatically name remote galleries, set passwords, edit data)
Linking Multiple Groups to a Subject (ballet schools, etc.)
Link Galleries (siblings, buddy pictures, etc.)
Studio Search Page (how customers find their photos)
Snapizzi Paperless (digital versions of Camera Cards)
Snapizzi Stars (control order that Subject photos appear when exporting for Bundles or Paper Proofing.
Sample Project (quickly see how Snapizzi works)
How to Create a Blank DATA Project and Add Subject Info Later
You might also enjoy reading our blog.