Snapizzi DATA Projects are used when you have Subject/Product data to connect to your images.
Data Projects are used for:
- School Photography
- Youth Sports Team and Individual Photography
- Bands, Ballet Schools, Swim, Track, etc. (Snapizzi supports multiple groups per Subject and multiple cameras per Project)
- High-Volume Commercial Photography (All product data is connected to images)
- Any other use case where you'd need to connect Subject/Product data to images and/or group photo(s)
Data Projects generate uniquely coded camera cards that link to the uploaded data for each Subject as shown below. Simply photograph the Subject's code and then take their individual photos.
A Class code is also generated and is to be photographed in the same manner as the individual Subject codes prior to taking each group photo. Snapizzi will also automatically place the correct group photo(s) in each Subject's gallery.
Snapizzi provides you with three ways for customers to find and order their photos:
Read this article if you'll be using image editing software that may change image file EXIF data.
**Snapizzi does not store, alter, or edit your image files or EXIF data in any way. Snapizzi sits between you and your platform. Uploaded images pass through Snapizzi and end up in your host platform account.
Here are the DATA Project steps:
- Create new DATA Project.
- Upload CSV file of Subject data.
- Generate Subject and Class cards (or use Paperless).
- Photograph Subject code.
- Photograph Subject.
- Photograph Class code.
- Photograph Class.
- Cull/edit images as you normally do.
- Upload sale-ready images to Snapizzi (including keyframe images containing the codes).
- In minutes, images are sorted and posted to your connected e-commerce platform and ready for sale from your Studio Search Page, Paper Proofing, or sending direct URLs to your customers.
- Snapizzi Bundles make it easy to produce school service items.
- Any Project errors can be resolved using the Diagnose & Remedy tool and our Repair tools.
Here's how to do it.
1. PROJECT TYPE: Click the "New Project" button on your Dashboard and select "Data" for the Project Type.
2. PROJECT NAME: Name your new Project.
3. PHOTO SERVICE: Select the hosting platform to use for the Project (this option will only appear if you have more than one platform linked to your Snapizzi account). Snapizzi has partnered with these industry-leading platforms: ShootProof, PhotoDeck, PhotoShelter, Libris and Zenfolio.
4. SUBJECT PRIVACY: Select privacy settings for Subject galleries. ShootProof users click here for a one-time extra step needed. These options can be changed at any time.
5. PHOTO INDEXING: Indexing method is what Snapizzi uses to determine the proper sequence of your image files when processing. Time taken typically provides the best results and should be your first choice. Read this if your workflow may alter your image file EXIF data.
Name, privacy, and indexing can be changed at any time. Even after the photos have been uploaded and processed. The Project type can be changed as long as no photos have been uploaded.
There really isn't any reason to rename files prior to uploading to Snapizzi, but if your workflow includes renaming prior to uploading, be sure that your filenames include leading zeros equal to the highest number in the sequence (e.g., 0001 - 9999 rather than 1 - 9999). Your Project will not index properly otherwise.
Snapizzi can export renamed versions of your image files for you if needed.
6. NEXT STEP: Upload your CSV file.
Snapizzi includes a robust set of tools and features that take the "work" out of your high-volume workflow.
Get Bundle (export for school service items, rename image files, etc.)
Get Subject List (export Project data with gallery URLs)
CSV Files (automatically name remote galleries, set passwords, edit data)
Linking Multiple Groups to a Subject (ballet schools, etc.)
Link Galleries (siblings, buddy pictures, etc.)
Studio Search Page (how customers find their photos)
Snapizzi Paperless (digital versions of Camera Cards)
Snapizzi Stars (control order that Subject photos appear when exporting for Bundles or Paper Proofing.
Sample Project (quickly see how Snapizzi works)
How to Create a Blank DATA Project and Add Subject Info Later.
You might also enjoy reading our blog.